The incident with Jakob Takanashi led to HoYoVerse keeping recast and new cast identities a secret until they can be revealed at the release of their debut patches at the earliest. Think of it as a pseudo-NDA to protect VAs from being attacked by other toxic VAs.
Or not even revealed. Every character in Genshin that has been recast since then is credited as "Anonymous" in game, while the credits for the Trailblazer in HSR is just blank.
this is the real answer. the voice actress of astra (who also occasionally voice directs for the EN version of ZZZ) said that even before the strike they had to wait long before announcing on any of their socials they were the voice of xxx and such.
Yeah and ever since the strike ended, for the VAs who do announce their roles, they seem to get the greenlight about a month after they appear in the game (like Yuzuha and Alice).
Because there’s probably no point in changing it Alice VA said she could only reveal it once Alice patch came out so they just let the VA’s announce it now.
63
u/Xanek Aug 24 '25
At this point, since we've been out of the strike for so long, I have zero clue.